Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Marigold Day!

I based my outfit around my marigold sweater today. I am still in toned down HB mode, but that didn't keep me away from bright color and bold jewelery. Or my leopard print pumps. I bought this sweater on my weekend excursion to the Gap. I fell for its shape and color and the fact that sweaters were 40% off. It was still more then I would usually pay for a Gap sweater, but I had admired the color before and decided to go with it.



Although I really like this marigold color with other colors, today to make it more office appropriate, I wore it over all black. To spice up my outfit I borrowed my mother's face necklace that my father made in the 70s. I really liked how the metal face and red beads went with the sweater and its neckline. The final touch was the leopard pump. I though they fit in well with the color scheme of the outfit and gave it some pattern (albeit peeking out from under my basic black work pants). Overall I felt like I looked professional but not boring today. The ideal conservative work outfit.

Today all my clothing came from the Gap:
Sweater: $35
Shirt: $5
Pants: $40

Shoes: Deena and Ozzy via Jeremy's, $30
Necklace: borrowed from my marm, made by my daddio
Earrings: Urban Indigo, gift from my marm.

Fiona and Remus couldn't resist the sunshine in the back yard today!

No comments:

Post a Comment