Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sparkly Work Wear?

Today was another rainy day in SF, and I decided to rage against the rain with a bright and sparkly sweater. Although a pink sweater with sequin detailing is far from traditional work wear, but it definitely brightened up my day.

This sweater is actually a Rebecca Taylor that my marm bought at Maribel years ago. But then she almost never wore it. When she was recently cleaning out her closet I took it.



I love the detailing on this sweater. It has amazing sequin and bead details around the neckline and sleeves. These combined with the color make the sweater really beautiful. Albeit, not subtle at all. I got a ton of compliments on it today!







I actually planned on wearing a different sweater today, but when I went to get it out of my drawer this morning I came across this one and knew it was perfect.




To accent the sweater I wore my basic black dress, with my favorite black opaque tights and my bronze ribbon flats. I didn't want anything to detract or compete with the sweater. I felt like it was okay to risk wearing such a spangly sweater to work, but I couldn't be too risky anywhere else.

Sweater: Rebecca Taylor via Maribel, from my marm
Dress: Target, $24
Tights: Banana Republic, $5 (on sale)
Shoes: Anthropologie, $60


Sunshine is supposedly on its way, happy Tuesday!






No comments:

Post a Comment