Monday, May 30, 2011

Luckily Sunny Sunday!

Although the other two days of this long weekend have been overcast, on Sunday, the sky was clear and blue. This was perfect timing because I had a poolside bbq to go to. I bought this pink baby doll dress in the SoCo area of Austin when I was visiting friends for the South by Southwest festival about a year and a half ago. I love its vibrant color and details on this dress. Although its pretty naked, so its a much better beach/pool dress then an every day dress.

Often when I know I am going to be out in the sun for long periods of time I wear a scarf so I don't end up burning my chest (which inevitably happens when I am in the sun for too long).



On top of the vibrant pink color, I love the embroidery on the bust of the dress. But as you can see the bust is actually quite narrow, so when I wear it over more then a bikini I have to wear a tank top under it.










There is also a great tie detailing on the back of the dress. This detailing is lots of fun but also requires a tank top when I am wearing more then bikini.

This was another one of my watermelon outfits. I really liked the pairing of my green polka dot bikini peeking out from underneath the pink dress.








Dress: $30, MayaStar in Austin
Bikini: J. Crew, gift from my Coolest
Scarf: Gift from my friend the Starfish from Scotland
Sunnies: Mosely Tribres, gift from my Brother
Shoes: Reefs, $10


Happy Belated Sunday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment