Monday, May 2, 2011

My Second Attempt!


The title of my post is a reference to the dress I wore today. I wore it once before, but I did not have time to properly plan my outfit, so the dress ended up looking just okay. This time I had more time to think about how to play with this basic dress. How to use its simplicity to my advantage and accent its cute shape and cut.


I started planning this outfit around the shoes. Because the dress is pretty short, if its worn with heels at all they have to be low heels. I really like these Sam Edelman's because they are a great color, with nice silver detailing and a low heel. Even though they are red, they are still pretty neutral and can be worn with many things.








I also paired my outfit with my blue ruffle sweater. I like how the lighter blue and ruffles goes with the dark blue and gray of the dress. Plus it added another level of color and texture to my outfit.







To finish off the outfit, I cinched in the dress with a metal belt that I borrowed from my mother's closet. I actually wore the belt backwards today. It has a normal leather front with the great metal detailing on the back, but I wanted to show off the metal pieces so I turned it around.



Dress: The Gap, $24
Cardigan: Anne Taylor, $22
Belt: Borrowed from my mother
Shoes: Sam Edelman via Jeremey's, $40


Miss Fiona, the schnuggler had to get in on the action today. Can't say that I blame her.


Happy Monday Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment