Friday, May 13, 2011

My Day Off Friday!



Today I took a day off from work. I unplugged completely, turned off my work blackberry and my cell phone and did not turn on my computer. I had a great day. I got up late, walked, bought a dress at Maribel and then lounged in the backyard reading in the sun. Even the weather decided to cooperate.





The centerpiece of this outfit was definitely the printed skirt. Because of its length and crazy mash up of patterns, I do not consider it work appropriate. So in honor of my day off and the nice weather I decided to break out this skirt.


I love all of the details of this skirt. It is a silk skirt so it has great movement. It has this cool split detail which reveals one of the other patterns in the skirt.





Of course the thing that first drew me to this skirt was the mash up of patterns. I really like how the many colors and patterns play off of each other. The skirt is definitely a statement, but its the kind of statement that I like.






This skirt is from Anthro, and of course this means it has great detailing. I generally think that Anthro clothes are too expensive, although beautiful. I am always amazed by the detailing on the skirts I do buy from Anthro. This one has a white underskirt with a fun trim on it. Its not like most people see it, but I still like knowing its there.

I paired my funky skirt with a basic navy t-shirt, a warm gray cardigan and my red moccasins. Although the tops are still pretty neutral, I really like how they matched up with skirt but didn't compete with it.

The red shoes were irresistible. I love them and was excited for a chance for them to shine.







Skirt: Anthropologie, $30
Shirt: The Gap via my Marm
Cardigan: Country Road in Australia, $25 au
Shoes: Boden, $60
Sunnies: Mosely Tribes, gift from my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment