Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Newbies




Today was the first day that I wore this blue dress and the gold pumps. The funny thing is I actually planned my outfit around wearing my mother's sweater again. I really like this sweater and thought it would look nice over the blue dress.







I really like how these two pieces compliment each other . I like how the bright blue dress is fairly tailored and how the sweater is quite voluminous. I think the two play off the other nicely. I also think the navy and green sweater looks really nice with the vibrant color of the blue dress.







Even though I based my outfit around the sweater, I got tons of compliments on the dress today. I bought the dress because of the color and the cut. I knew it would be a perfect work dress. I also really like the details, the v neck back and the sleeves are two of my favorite of the details. It also has really flattering stitching on the front (unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of it).



With the interplay of the brightly colored dress and large sweater, I decided to wear another new piece of my wardrobe, my gold pumps. I bought these recently at DSW because they were on sale and are the gold version of my teal pumps that I wear all the time. These are great because they are a little bit sparkly and a little bit neutral.







My Newbies:

Dress: Tahari via Loehmans, $32
Shoes: Seychelles via DSW, $30

Sweater: Borrowed from my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment