Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chilly Tuesday!

I think that NYC and SF should have a little talk: NYC should donate 15 degrees to SF and then both cities would be more or less around 75 degrees and perfect. But until that happens, the lovely Miss P has to dress for the extreme heat, and I have to keep on dressing for the rain and chilly weather in SF. Although I was prepared for it to be cold today, I was not prepared for the rain as you can see by my shoes and lack of tights today.













I based my outfit today around my blue patterned top. Like Miss P I went shopping this weekend, and this top is one of my recent purchases from memorial day weekend. Its a Banana Republic top that I found at Maribel. I immediately loved the shape and colors of the shirt. I also really like that it has sleeves, so I won't have to wear a sweater over it at the office.



The shirt also has really amazing pleats on the front and back. The pleats give the silk top a really nice structure. The downside is that they also mean there is a ton of fabric in the shirt, so it has to be tucked in and belted to avoid looking pregnancy chic.











I paired the top with one of my black pencil skirts. I really like how the tighter, more structured bottom plays off the voluminous top. I threw on my Stuart Weitzman slingbacks because they have some detailing on the toe, but would not detract from the top.




Finally, to keep warm while sitting at my desk all day I threw on my favorite royal blue cardigan. I love the color and it matched the top really nicely.






Shirt: Banana Republic via Maribel, $22
Sweater: The Gap, $35
Skirt: Anne Taylor, $40
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman, gifted from my Coolest



Hope the week is treating you well!

No comments:

Post a Comment