Friday, May 27, 2011

Fabulous Thursdays and Fridays!

Hello!

The weather here has been sunny and very warm. To adapt to the suddenly belly flop into summer (sorry and goodbye spring) I have been wearing shorts. Shorts are a nice compromise because the longer they are the more easily they can work for a work setting. Shorter and sleeker fabrics work well for parties or dancing, and the casual ones in comfortable fabrics can work for a walk, errands, or anything else you would like to do.

So pick up a pair of shorts and stroll through the summer comfortable and cool.

Thursday-wear

That day I had work, and event, and drinks afterward. I wanted to look good but also comfortable - the type of outfit where you can sit for 7 hours and then lift tables afterward. I choose my favorite long shorts from H&M and they work because of the subtle color and the shape, which is comfortable and professional at the same time. To add to the outfit I wore a striped button down open with a burnt yellow v-neck top with my turquoise necklace and red flats. It was a very hot day but I managed to stay relatively cool and de-layer when necessary.

Outfit:
Top: H&M ($15)
Button-Down: H&M ($20)
Shorts: H&M ($20)
Necklace: Cultural Survival Bazaar ($14)
Flats: Payless ($20)

Friday: Last Days and Traveling



My aim for traveling days is to be essentially comfortable but, as usual, I also had my last day at my internship and it was very VERY warm. The humidity made it seem like it was a 100 degrees out so shorts were in order again. That day I wanted some electric color to balance the light blue shorts and tan sandals. I topped the outfit off with a gray blazer and a simple beaded necklace.


Tip of the Day: Take on electric color to am up pastels and basic foundational colors.

Outfit:
Top: H&M ($20)
Blazer: A Gift ($0)
Shorts: H&M ($15)
Necklace: Given ($0)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters ($10)


No comments:

Post a Comment