Monday, May 23, 2011

I Jingled all Monday!

On the bus home from work tonight, I thought about the fact that I have been toning down my clothes in order to present myself as more professional over the past few days. I keep on saying that I am being more conservative, and although I do think conservative is the right word, this is not a bad thing. Conservative can still look great. My blogging bestie Miss P and I do tend to have really far out natural fashion sense, but even under our most outrageous looks is the idea that you should look and feel good in your clothes.


This outfit was in many ways a toned down HB, but it still has a lot going on. I paired my go-to black work dress with my black and white striped cardigan. These are both staples of my work wear recently.

To accent my black and white basics I channeled Miss P and focused on my accessories. I wore a red headband and my gold bow flats that were a gift from Miss CT.

I also borrowed a long charm necklace from my marm. I really liked how this long necklace looked on my black dress. It has really fun charms, but unfortunately I jingled the whole day




I felt like a cat with a bell on my collar. But I still really liked the look.









Dress: Target, $24
Cardigan: Maribel, gifted from my marm
Shoes: Banana Republic, traded from Miss CT
Headband: Urban Indigo, gift from my parents
Necklance: Urban Indigo, borrow from my marm!

Happy start of the week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment