Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Well Coordinated Wednesday!



I got compliments on how well coordinated my outfit was today at the office, which is ironic because I threw it together this morning.

This is actually the sweater the I was going to wear yesterday before I found the sparkly pink one that I came across and decided to wear. This sweater combines many of my favorite things: (1) its a cardigan; (2) its has bows; (3) the bows are its embelishments (ie, its an embelished cardigan); and (4) it has pockets. I even really like that for all its ebelishments its a neutral color so its not totally overwhelming.

I knew I was ready for a pants day, so I built my outfit around the sweater and my black go to skinny cords (mental high five to Miss P for us coordinating wearing our go to skinny black pants without actually coordinating). I broke out my dark purple top because I really like dark purple and gray as a combo, and the volume of the shirt was just what I needed to go under my cardigan.

Finally, for my shoes I broke out some of my favorites. Unfortunately, I didn't get a really good shot of them. They are a pair of my marm's from the 80s and are truly beautiful. They are purple and gray peep toes, and they are actually older then I am. They are proof that great pieces can last forever. They are older then I am, and both my mother and I have put them into heavy use. But because they are high quality shoes, they have stood the test of time and come back into fashion.

Sweater: Anne Taylor, $30
Top: The Gap, $7
Pants: J. Crew, $40
Shoes: Joan and David via my marm, vintage from the 80's



A note on my artsy photos: I take them with the ten second timer on my camera and a pocket tri-pod. Often, the artsy ones are mistakes because I just point and then try to pose in my ten second window with my camera in whatever position the tripod allows. Truth be told, often my best pictures are the unplanned ones where I accidentally cut off my own head!

No comments:

Post a Comment