Monday, April 4, 2011

Another week, another shot at fashion!


So reviewing the style challenge, HB and I did some serious hunting with great results! Now it is time to incorporate them and make them usable throughout the week.

Today I went basic and started with the mustard shirt. It is extremely light and soft, which is the way t-shirts should be. It is also sans the t-shirt tag so there is no itching. I decided to cinch it with a cloth belt I have and wear it with a slightly punkish vest with buttons and in navy blue and gray. My pants were a great find years ago when I was looking for interesting work pants. They are Urban Outfitters (surprising right) and cost me $10 because it was the big 50% the sales price sale. They have great side zippers at the bottom and a beautiful floral detail up one leg at the back (see below for detail photos).

For accessories I used some old standby pieces in blues to match against the yellow top. One is a very long necklace purchased very cheaply at Boomerangs in Jamaica Plain, Boston. The other was a gift, many years ago from none other than are glorious HB! The shoes are Liz Clairborne at DSW, although Liz Clairborne has a reputation for older women's clothing, the shoes are interesting colors and has a great cheetah print to them. So never disregard a brand or name because of its reputation, sometimes there may be great pieces you may LOVE but would not have thought of before!


Happy Dressing!
PEP

Outfit:
Shirt: Urban Outfitters ($4.99)
Vest: Urban ($10)
Pants: urban ($10)
Shoes: DSW ($15)
Accessories (Boomerangs and Gift): $5

1 comment:

  1. I remember buying that for you in Morocco, I'm glad its still getting some love!

    ReplyDelete