Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Neutral Day (yep, it was odd)




This was not the outfit that I had planned for today. But when I put on my clothes this morning, they did not work. I had planned to wear this top with some more traditional work pants, but when I put them on, the volume of the two was just wrong. So I switched to my go to black cords from J. Crew.



















I had not planned what sweater I was going to wear over my nude challenge top even before I switched my pants. I went to my striped cardigan because I wanted to add some pattern to my outfit. However, even with my pattern, its pretty conservative as is, and is black and cream.















I spiced up my otherwise totally neutral outfit, with my marm's orange belt and my metallic Jeffery Campbell flats.



Despite the neutralness of this outfit, I still felt good in it. It didn't rise to my normal level of funky, but I liked the shape of the outfit, and I think the pieces went really well together.













Top: The Gap, $14.97
Sweater: Maribel, a gift from my mother
Belt: J. Crew, borrowed from my mother
Pants: J. Crew, $40
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell via Ambience, $45





Happy Unusual Wednesday Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment