Friday, April 1, 2011

Aril Fools Joke from Spring Outfit



So Spring decided to pull an April Fools on the East Coast and just not bloom as we all hoped it would. At the moment it is a snow/sleet mixture and 30 degrees. Thanks Mother Nature.

To show that mother nature is not the boss of me I am wearing a fun outfit for the mixed weather and traveling. I am heading home to Boston to see my father, some friends, and scour for some food fashion deals which all of you will see at some point!



Today I am wearing a men's XL sweater vest as a dress belted with a sash from another shirt. I have come to appreciate men's and young boy-wear. With some creativity, menswear pieces can become more or less girly, funky, and form fitting! The shirt was on sale at forever 21 and the minute I saw it I knew I wanted to make it into a dress. I am wearing my gap pants again because of the weather and a sweat-shirt material blazer in gray. Finally I am wearing a string of beads from my friend Martha and my peace sign necklace again.

The only issues with this out fit is the fact I have to belt the pants tightly and that I need to wear a shirt underneath the vest because the arm holes are very wide. Beyond that it is a comfortable, interesting outfit.

Enjoy April Fools Day!
Outfit:
Tank: $5 H&M
Shirt: $8.99 Forever 21
Pants: $17 The Gap
Rainboots: $20 Macy's
Jewelery (beads): Free
Jewelry (peace sign) $20

No comments:

Post a Comment