Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday!



Do I sometimes feel silly posing for these pictures? You better believe it. I always try to make pictures about my clothes, but also aesthetically interesting as well. I also thought the combination of the multicolored t-straps with the polka dot dress was a semi-silly outfit unto itself.


My dress today proved to be harder to photograph then I expected. Getting the shape of the dress and the pattern to show up was no easy feat.









I got this dress really cheaply at Express a few years ago. Its actually made out of Jersey. At the time I bought it I wasn't sure if it was really work appropriate (the pattern and fabric), but I have worn it to work ever since I bought it and it never fails to get complimented.








I love polka dots, and I love the asymmetrical neckline with the long sleeves. The only thing that still makes me question this dress as work wear, is how short it is. I justify it because the rest of the dress is so covered up. I also always wear it to work with tights. Usually I try to wear it with flats, but in the midst of the move I didn't leave any at my apartment, so I had to wear heels.







I figured with the already sort of whimsical work dress, I ought to break out my Boden t-straps (which I decided not to pack for some odd reason). I honestly do think that the heels were too high and the dress too short for work, but I went with it anyways because I liked the combo of the two and I channeled my inner PEP to rock the combo that normally I would worry about being too out there!!!






Dress: Express, $13
Tights: Banana Republic, $5
Shoes: Boden, $95



I hope you feel better soon Miss P! I'll send you some wellness tea in my upcoming package.

Come back warm weather, I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment