Friday, April 8, 2011

Late Thorogood Thursday!

Apologies for the late Thursday post. I went to see George Thorogood with my parents on Thursday night and I didn't have time to post between work, the concert and going to sleep.

Because I was going to the concert that night, I tailored my work outfit so I could adapt it pretty easily to concert wear. With this in mind, my work wear ended up being more casual then usual. But it gave me a good excuse to wear a polka dotted cardigan that I had been wanting to wear for weeks.


Although I generally wear skirts and dresses to work, it is fun to mix it up with pants. These are from the J. Crew outlet. I bought them because I really liked the skinny, but not too skinny cut, and because they fit my leg length perfectly. I have mentioned it before, but I have short legs, so pants that I don't have to tailor are great. I didn't realize at the time that they would be great work wear too.






I chose to offset the cardigan with all black because its such a bright piece and I didn't want it to verge on not work appropriate. Its a cropped cardigan from Boden so I wanted the scale of my shirt to be appropriate. This is why I chose to wear a larger top under the cardigan.


However, I didn't go so conservative with this outfit that I wore conservative flats with my mostly black outfit. I like the combination of the ribbons and metallic pattern on these flats. Although I think from far away they look less intricate then they are when you see them up close

By far my favorite part of my outfit overall are my sunglasses. They were a gift from my brother and although I wouldn't have picked them myself, now I wear them all the time. And they get complimented each time as well. They are actually red gingham, but you can only tell up close!



Cardigan: Boden, $20
Top: The Gap, $5
Pants: J. Crew, $40
Flats: Lucky Penny via Anthropologie, $60
Sunglasses: Mosely Tribes, gift from my brother.



Thanks to my marmee for taking my pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment