Monday, April 4, 2011

Throw it on and Go Monday

Sadly today, I am not rocking one of my usual suspects challenge tops today because I yesterday I got a text from a friend inviting me to hang out by her pool.

This led me to gather stuff for swimming and work today and throw it in a bag as fast as possible to head across the bay to the pool. So what I ended up with today was this dress with the blue cardigan over it for most of the day. When I initially grabbed this outfit, I grabbed my green belt to wear with it, but when I put it on this morning it was not working for me so I didn't wear it. Because I was going to wear a bright green belt with the royal blue sweater, I decided my nude flats would be the best so as not to be too wacky with my clothes at work today.

All that being said, I liked my outfit today. The dress is from the gap, even though its not one of my usual suspects. I really like the shape of the dress and how it is put together. I think the detailing on the dress is really flattering (although I'm going to work on what belt to wear with it).



The blue cardigan that I wore over it is one of my favorite cardigans by far. It is also from the Gap. I love it for the color as well as the fact that it is light weight wool. This means it is really warm, but also not too heavy.

The shoes are my nude flats from Country Road in Australia. I these pictures you can see how they pretty much disappear. This is really nice when you are wearing a complicated outfit and don't want the shoes to be a distraction! Its not so much a problem with this outfit, but they are a great option to have!





Dress: The Gap, $25
Cardigan: The Gap, $30
Shoes: Country Road, $50 AUS

Happy Cardigan Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment