Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Playful Tuesday


Today ended up being a relatively quiet day at work, which then led to it being a kind of playful day. Even though I didn't know that it would be a low key day at work, I also feel like my outfit today was playful because of the pattern of the top, the cutout in the back, and the bright green sweater I wore on and off throughout the day.

I built my outfit today around my batick challenge top. I paired it with my gray pencil skirt because I had also initially intended to wear a pair of purple, gray, and brown shoes and a conservative brown cardigan. I figured the shoes and shirt would offset the more conservative pieces.

Then I remembered that I was supposed to go out with my parents tonight and that my shoes needed to be for two outfits. So I switched it up, and wore more conservative shoes but a brighter colored cardigan. The kicker is that it is actually Thursday night that I have plans with my parents, so I didn't need to switch it up in the end.

In the end, I really liked my outfit. I love the color combo of purple and green as well as how the shoes looked with the outfit. The shoes are from my bestie the Coolest A. They were her mom's, but she never wore them and so she passed them on to me. They are actually Stuart Weitzman's and ridiculously comfortable. Its makes me realize why they are so expensive. I never would have picked these shoes myself, but they actually look good with everything.




















Shirt: The Gap, $12.97
Skirt: Banana Republic, $20 and then $8 worth of tailoring
Sweater: Christmas present from my mother
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman, gifted from the Coolest A



Happy Playful Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. That Batik top is so beautiful way worth the 12 bucks. Great find HB!

    ReplyDelete