Friday, April 8, 2011

Purple on Purple Friday!


After the concert on Thursday night, I spent the night at my parents house. As you can see from today's pictures, my parents are doing some painting. I thought it was ironic that I had chosen to bring home a purple top which is very similar to the color my marmee had chosen for our walls.

I bought this top recently at Anthropologie. I couldn't resist. I love the combination of colors and the pattern as well as the fact that it is belted. Recently it seems like all of my clothes have become purple, gray, and blue. I have been trying to move away from that color scheme, but this top was just too much fun to pass up.

Even though I am wearing this top for my casual Friday outfit this week, I thought I could also tuck it into a skirt or pants on a normal day or wear even wear it under a suit when I need to get really business formal.








This is actually a sleeveless top, so in order to wear it to work, I put the brown cardigan I knit in college over it with my current favorite pair of blue jeans and my go to mid-heel brown pointy toe heels from Banana Republic.

I love these jeans, and the best part is they were a gift from my bestie Stormy Normy. I don't know why this always happens, but inevitably hand me down clothes end up being my favorite ones. These jeans are no exception. They are from American Eagle, where I hardly ever shop, another reason to love them.



Shirt: Anthropologie, $30
Cardigan: Knit by me
Jeans: American Eagle, gifted
Shoes: Banana Republic, $35
Kitty: Princess Fiona, the schnuggliest cat in the world


Special thanks to my parents for taking my pictures this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment