Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding - Part IV, The Wedding Reception



This is what I wore to my roomie's wedding reception. It was a Saturday afternoon reception so I wanted to balance looking appropriate with funky.



I built my outfit around my shoes (surprise, surprise). I matched the blue in my shoes to my dress. I love this dress because it can be dressed up or dressed down. When I bought it, I had wearing it to the office in mind.












To accessorize and dress up my blue dress, I raided my marmee's jewelery. The larger necklace my father actually made in the 1970s. The smaller necklace was made by my mother's manicurist Halina and is actually rubies. I really liked how these two necklace worked with the high neckline of my dress and each other.








These shoes were also my mother's. She and my father bought them in the 1980's when Neiman Marcus made their own line of shoes. My parents bought them because they were such a deal. But then my mother hardly ever wore them. My mother passed them on to me when I was in high school and I have been breaking them out for very special occasions ever since.












I really liked how this outfit came together in the end. The simple dress with the intricate shoes and necklaces. In the end it was spot on for the occasion and the reception was tons of fun.







Dress: Boden, $50 (its actually the same dress as the one I wore to the rehearsal dinner just in a different fabric)
Necklaces: My parents
Shoes: Neiman Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment