Monday, April 18, 2011

An Old Favorite Revived!


Two years ago I was obsessed with Orchid purple. I loved everything in this color. Last winter I switched over to loving royal blue. I didn't stop loving orchid purple, but I wasn't as obsessed with it anymore.


During my orchid phase I found this long cardigan at the gap for $22. I really like wearing it over my various office ensembles because it allows me to incorporate a great color into otherwise more conservative outfits.


That is not to say that today's outfit was particularly conservative with the printed and ruffled top. Almost every year my mother and I end up with a long sleeved crew neck shirt from J. Crew in the same color. This year, this top was the mother daughter shirt.

I really like the pattern on the blouse. Its a nice blend of neutrals with bits of my favorite bright purple. To keep the emphasis on the top and the sweater, I wore another one of my black work skirts. I have had this one since I was 16! Granted, I didn't wear it very much in high school or college, its proof that a plain black skirt goes a long way.





The ruffles on the neckline are also really fun. and keep the shirt from being just another silk top.

I also really like how the metallic color and detailing on the shoes are similar to the color and detailing on the top!




The button on my cardigan comes from one of my good friends from college, Elbow. Its a button that says love and has a ladybug on it. I have a thing for ladybugs so last time I saw Miss Elbow, she had that for me and its lived on that cardigan ever since.





Cardigan: The Gap, $22
Top: J. Crew, bought for me by my marm
Skirt: The Gap, from when I was 16! No joke.
Tights: Banana Republic, $5
Shoes: Anthropologie, $60


Happy Orchid Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment