Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding - Part III, The Bridesmaids Dress

Oftentimes bridesmaids dresses are synonymous with horrible. Luckily this was not the case in the lovely Miss E's wedding. Unfortunately the weekend of Miss E's wedding was rainy, which led to my lovely look to the right. Lucky for me, my Boden coat matched my purple dress perfectly, which kept me warm and well covered. Plus, I love an excuse to wear a pattern. The dark purple dress was also fun to accent with accessories!


Because my dress was floor length, I had to make sure to hold it up whenever I was outside. I also ended up wearing higher shoes then I had anticipated to make sure it did not drag on the ground.


I loved this dress. Its rare to have an chance to wear a formal full length dress these days. Miss E and her now wife Miss T actually let the bridesmaids choose the dresses for their sides (obviously the brides had veto power). I really like the sweetheart neckline, the high waist, and the color. The colors of the wedding were this dark purple and light purple!



I would also like to give credit to the lovely brides for allowing their bridesmaids to chose their accessories. Although I usually don't wear large jewelery, this dress seemed to lend itself to some of my larger pieces. I used Miss E's wedding as an excused to wear an ivory bangle that my father bought in the 70s. Its from Africa and actually painted with house paint. Some day I want to see what the ivory underneath looks like.

I also wore a bracelet of my mother's that were purple beads that were the same color as my dress.

To finish off my look, and accent the neckline I wore a necklace of my mother's that is large green and purple glass beads. I wasn't sure if it was too much of a statement, but both brides loved it when I came in wearing it!




Dress: Bill Levkoff
Jacket: Boden, $85
Bracelets: My parents
Necklace: My marm!

In the end the wedding was beautiful!

Hope everybody had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment