Monday, April 11, 2011

Mix and Match Monday!

Today I mixed and matched conservative and funky. I wore a conservative work dress with a large funky belt. I had never before been able to make this dress really work. Not that I haven't worn it before, but I hadn't been able to get it to look the way I wanted to.


The ironic thing about this outfit is that I picked it without really thinking about it on Friday night. I am moving out of my apartment because my roommate got married, and I moved the majority of my stuff out this weekend so I could really clean next weekend. Even though this outfit was put together quickly, I really liked it in the end.
























Along with the dress and the belt, I wore my royal blue Gap cardigan and my teal Seychelles. Both of these are pieces that I wear to work a lot. I was worried about the two colors of blue together, but I decided that they were far enough apart when I wore it and it could work.



I really liked how the cityscape belt looked with the tweed dress. I bought this dress on sale at Anne Taylor and loved that it had capped sleeves and pockets, but on its own, it has only ever looked okay.

Similarly, I went through a phase when I really wanted wide belts. I bought this one at Anthropologie. I love that it is black, but has a really awesome city scape pattern. It is another piece that I didn't feel had reached its potential before today.







I love my teal Seychelles not only for their shape and their color, but most importantly for how they make my legs look when I wear them. I like them with pants, but I feel the best in them when you can see my legs. When I didn't have my sweater on today, they gave my outfit a nice pop of color.








Dress: Anne Taylor, $30
Belt: Anthropologie, $40
Cardigan: The Gap, $35
Shoes: Seychelles via Nordstrom, $55



Happy Mashed up Monday!

1 comment:

  1. WOW I love the combination of colors and patterns! The belt is amazing and it goes really well with the tweed dress GO HB!

    P.S there should be a patty sized (meaning small, not literally me), in your mail box soon

    ReplyDelete