Monday, April 18, 2011

HB&PEP is one month and kicking! Another week of Fashion


Happy One month HB&PEP! So we have managed to highlight our clothes for a month with some challenges and special segments, but the work is not over and we will continue to celebrate our ideas and clothes.

It is Monday and I am ready to head out to work in the office. My outfit is a tribute to the meld between work and casual-ware and is also a tribute to my friend Rushaine and her amazing gift to me from Jamaica (can you guess what it is...)


So I am wearing a basic autumn, mustard yellow t-shirt with a cropped blue blazer. I am wearing Rushaine's gift (a dress from Jamaica) as a skirt. I love the patterns and bright colors. Due to its brightness I choose to wear some basics along with it. The skirt is belted with a basic skinny blue belt and I am wearing a cute flower pin with purple close-toe wedges. On my left arm I am also wearing a clear plastic bracelet and a single sparkly necklace from Aldo's Accessories. One can never have too many accessories I say!

Tip of the Day: Turn a Dress into a skirt or vice versa!

Outfit:
Top: Urban Outfitters ($4.99)
Blazer: H&M ($19.99)
Skirt: Free, a gift from Shainey!
Shoes: Payless ($10)
Pin: A gift from an old adviser Nancy
Bracelet: A gift from my friend Martha
Necklace: Aldo Accessories: $20
Belt: H&M ($5)

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing outfit!! Mum thinks so as well!!She especially loves your little blazer. I love how the mustard top plays off the mustard in the flowers in the skirt (dress). Very nice and springy. And its an excellent tip. I usually just put a top over my dresses and belt it, to break it up so it looks like two pieces. But I like how you have just folded the dress. Definitely will try that sometime.

    Yay! Shainey stamp of approval.

    I'll be following...

    <3

    ReplyDelete