Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Usual Suspects Style Challenge - The Gap



Who: HB
Where: The Secret Gap at Sacramento and Davis, SF
Date and Time: Friday afternoon after work.
Crowds: None, but as I mentioned, its kind of a secret Gap! (and others were out getting their happy hour on).
Purchased: 3 tops ($9.99, $12.97, and $14.97)
Price: $41.53 ( I blame the ridiculously high sales tax in CA for going over, not the Gap!)


The Gap has been a staple in my life since high school. I love their basics, but I also find that if you look, you can also find some funky and fun stuff there. With the gap it really depends on which one you are at and what they have on the sale rack that day.

I call the Gap I got these tops at the secret Gap, because I find that not many people know it is there. I found it because it is right behind the bus stop for my line that I used to go to for my old job.
Its at the very beginning of the line, so it gets less traffic. Similarly the Gap there gets less traffic. This means you can often f
ind things on their sale rack that you cannot find anywhere else. Sadly, I did not hit the gap on one of their 50% off the sale prices, or 30% off any purchase. They have been having these sales quite frequently lately, and if you pass by a gap with a sign for one of these out front I recommend going in. At those prices they are practically giving away their sale items. (However, on those days, even the dressing rooms at the secret Gap tend to be crowded).

What I found on Friday were the above three tops. I like them each for different reasons.

The long sleeve purple top I like for its color and its scoop neck. As I have mentioned before, recently I have been wearing sleeveless dresses and tops over long sleeves to make them more winter and work appropriate. This is a great color and a flattering neckline that can be worn many ways. This one was $9.99

The light pink top is practically nude (it was hard to capture the color). It has fun petal details on the shoulder that I couldn't capture, but I'll try to get when I wear it this week. I really like the color on me as well as the fact that its so neutral that it can be worn with some of my harder to match bottoms. This one was $14.97


Finally, the purple batick top. I liked both the shape and the pattern on this top. It also has a tie on the back, which I think will be fun to show off if its warm enough not to wear a sweater. The shirt is really fun because along with the purple baticking, it also has little silver dots in the fabric. I can't wait to pair this one with a high waisted skirt and let it shine. This one was $12.97

I should note that both the nude top and the batick top are pretty floaty, so they either need to be tucked in or belted when worn.

Can't wait to show off my three new tops next week!

I miss you my PEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment