Sunday, April 17, 2011

The End of an Era



After emptying out and cleaning our apartment yesterday, today my roomie Mrs. V and I handed over our keys and moved out of the apartment we had lived in for the last two and half years. As a treat to myself, I wore one of my more whimsical dresses. Due to the move I have been totally disgusting the last two weekends and have looked completely horrible.


I bought this dress at the Anthropologie in the Forum shops in Las Vegas. It was really cheap for an Anthro dress, but I wasn't sure if it was too playful and would just make me look silly. My two besties A and M (together we call ourselves HAM) convinced me that it was fun and whimsical but not ridiculous. They are good friends indeed.




The neckline on the dress is crocheted and has bead detailing. I really like how the crocheted circles overlap each other.









I must admit, I would not have put the neckline striped skirt combo together, but I think that in this dress they look really good. The blue of the neckline carries over from one to the other nicely, and the dark blue of the dress in between is a good neutral. To give the dress a little shape I tossed on a belt of a similar hue.







Because the dress had so much going on with it, I picked my neutral moccasins.

I also threw on my go to brown cardigan. After I took my pictures my mother actually handed me a pink cardigan, and she was right, sometimes more color is better!









Dress: Anthropologie, $30
Sweater: Knit by me
Belt: J. Crew, my mothers
Shoes: Pull and Bear in Spain, 13 Euros



I hope the day is sunny and wonderful wherever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment