Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Best Laid Plans


Even though I planned my outfits in advance this week, only part of this outfit was part of my original plan. I put aside the orange sweater and the black dress to be worn together. However, I quickly came to realize that this outfit was boring, even with the fun wedges.

Luckily in the move, I found my dark red shirt that I thought I had lost. It turned out that it had fallen out of my shirt drawer and under my dresser!

I also still had a necklace that my grandmother gave me that I don't wear often enough! Usually it hangs on on of my lamps, and when I moved the lamp I took the necklace off and put it on a shelf.







I really loved the way all these pieces came together today. The colors worked, they layered well, and my necklace was center stage.

I thought I might take off my sweater during the day, but it didn't end up happening. I really love the shape of this dress, and how easily it goes over long sleeved shirts.

Generally I shy away from big necklaces. I have a ladybug necklace that I wear every day, and that today, was under my red shirt. But I wanted to channel my co-blogger Miss P and show off some jewelery from my grandmother. You can also see my earrings in my photos for today. Usually, I wear pretty small earrings, but these are my basic black ones that I wear when I want more then studs.







The shoes are by far my favorite part of this outfit. I saw these shoes at Anthropologie about a year and a half ago. I thought about them for literally two months, and when the funding for job came through and I went back to work, I bought these shoes even though they were full price. I almost never buy anything full price, but these shoes I had to have. And they were totally worth it. They are comfortable, functional, and funky. That is a rare combination in the world of outrageous shoes.




Dress: Target, $24
Shirt: J. Crew, gift from my mother
Cardigan: Eileen Fisher, $40
Shoes: Anthropologie, $150 (worth every penny and the new heels I had to put on them a year later)
Necklace: Gift from my grandmother
Earrings: Gift from my parents.

Happy statement necklace Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment