Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday - feels like Spring wet and warm

(Trying to get a bit more artsy with my photo taking!)
So the weather has been co-operating more lately with slightly warmer temperatures and some peeks from the sun. I hate to make this blog like the weather channel but it is hard to look great or wear open-toed shoes in 39 degree weather or in the pouring rain.

Today I am wearing a mix of basics and one of my usual suspects. I really like this outfit for a number or reasons. It moves really well and definitely epitomizes my style, which is bright and at times a little crazy!

The mix today is a black long sleeve from Target. I purchased this for my old job at the Guggenheim and NEVER wore it. I have never been a fan of 1. Black outfits 2. long sleeved shirts 3. basics. However as I have matured as person (well at least for clothes) I can say with utmost honesty that basics are important, helpful, and necessary. With the black top I combined it with the vest from Urban that I purchased on my style challenge. I have a slight obsession with putting military inspired pieces with floral ones. It adds a new dimension and makes the whole outfit a little less girly and a little more I am going to kick your booty.
I tried something new with my necklace and used a belt from a skirt with a cool peacock pin to keep it cinched together. The peacock pin is a gift from my friend Sarah who knows me so well that she chose a pin that symbolizes my style! The colorful Peacock may be male, but the style and flamboyance is all lady. Lastly I am wearing beat-up yellow wedges from Payless last year and a funky Mahjong bracelet from Urban when I was in high school.

So tips of the day - Use basics! Be daring, Put something tough with something floral or light, AND experiment with accessories!

Outfit:
T-shirt: Target ($8.99)
Vest: Urban Outfitters ($19.99)
Skirt: A gift, given by Emily! (free)
Tights: the Gap ($5)
Shoes: Payless ($10)
Accessories:
gifts and Urban ($20)

Fashion away friends!

<3 PEP

No comments:

Post a Comment