Friday, April 8, 2011

Fun Fridays!

On yet another gloomy day on the east coast I tried to brighten it up with at least a flower print, if not real blooming flowers. It is Friday and as I work from the library for my internship I am very proud of my rag-tag yet put together outfit today.

I mix a lot of prints (if you haven't noticed) and I am never afraid to clash. Clashing is fun and typically if the prints are distinctly different, colors, patterns, sizes, almost anyone can pull it off. I am wearing a Green Army style jacked that I got at Wet Seal in high school. I have lost, forgotten, and mis-placed this coat so many times but like a faithful pet, it always returns to me. Beneath that I am wearing a vintage, tunic top given to me by a dear friend and former roommate Sarah! I typically belt this so I used a belt given to me by my friend Emily as a funky and darker print to cinch the top. On the bottom I am wearing my basic gap leggings and a hidden belt because they are slightly too big - but so worth the price!
Accessories were quick add-ons today and if you have not noticed, I am getting into a ring mini trend and utilizing the medium collection I have. Despite the nickel allergy I have which effects my ability to wear earrings and necklaces, my fingers and wrists can handle the cheapest of medals. I am wearing two rings, one (purple) was given to me by my dad and is from Aldo Accessories. The second (barely seen but candy-cane coloring) is from the Green Flea Market on the Upper West Side. The pin is a gift from my other friend Sarah. The shoes are so exciting because I love a deal. A good deal can put a smile on my face for days to come and I got these shoes at Urban Outfitters for $9.99. Amazing! I love the low heal, the t-strappyness and the comfort. I power-walked around the lower east side to SOHO and did not feel uncomfortable at all!

Tip of the Day: Embrace prints! Look for deals!

Outfit:
Blazer: Wet Seal ($15)
Top: Gift
Pants: The Gap ($17)
Shoes: Urban Outfitters ($9.99)
Jewelery: Gift and another Green Flea Market ($5)
Pin: Gift
Belt: Gift




1 comment:

  1. I love love love this tunic! You look beyond fantastic m'dear.

    ReplyDelete