Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Layered Wednesday!

I swear, Miss PEP and I did not plan to both wear layered tops today,its just one of those things that happen! Luckily even though we were on the same layered brain wave we both took the look to different places. Today I chose to layer my remaining two challenge tops. When I bought these tops, I tried them on like this, and it actually sold me on the nude colored top. Up until that point I wasn't sure about the color of the top. But when I saw it with the bright purple color I knew there was a lot that I could do with it. (see the larger picture below for the true color of these tops). I had different outfits planned for both of these tops this week, but the weather in San Francisco is getting colder, so I decided to take the opportunity to show off how good these two tops look layered together. I think each top makes the color of the other stand out. As I mentioned in my first post, this winter I have really like wearing long sleeved shirts under sleeveless tops. I like the look because it allows me to show off the fun details of my sleeveless tops in the winter, but also to make them a little funkier. I paired these tops with my go to black Boden skirt because I really wanted to emphasize the colors. And as I said, its my go to work skirt of the moment. To finish off my outfit for the day, and because I was pattern free everywhere else, I decided to wear my leopard print heels again. I not only love their pattern, but they are also really comfortable. I also feel like even though the two tops worn like this is a little funky, the leopard print heels gave it a little extra kick. I think shoes can make or break an outfit. Sometimes shoes can pull the whole look together, but other times they can make you look totally disheveled. I was worried that my leopard prints might be too brown with this outfit today, but because the shell is an almost nude pink, I think it worked. Nude Top: The Gap, $14.97 Purple Long Sleeved: The Gap, $9.99 Skirt: Boden, $50 Shoes: Deena and Ozzy via Jeremy's, $30 Happy Layered Day Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment