Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding - Part II, The Rehearsal Dinner


Because I was the Maid of Honor in the lovely Miss E's wedding, I was lucky enough to attend her rehearsal dinner. This is the first time I have actually been an attendant in a wedding since I was in my single digits and a flower girl. Miss E and her now wife Miss T were both wearing cocktail dresses, so I picked this dress because I felt it was dressed up enough but would not overshadow the brides.

This is actually the first time I have ever worn this dress. I ordered it from Boden several months ago, but the weather has been so bad that it has not seemed appropriate.



I love the cut of this dress as well as the use of color and pattern. I feel like the high waist is very flattering and the sleeves allow for it to be worn during the day. I also really like the attached purple belt that accents the shape of the dress.

Because the pattern and color is so bright, I chose my low brown heels from banana republic to balance it out. These shoes are simple and comfortable which is key when you will be standing for a while.


Dress: Boden, $55
Shoes: Banana Republic, $35
Kitty: Wendy, the psycho kitty

1 comment: